You Still Have Me
A Midnight Thought
There are moments in the
early hours of the morning when sleep fades and prayer begins.
When the world is quiet, the house is still, and the heart has space to wander.
It is often in those quiet hours when distractions fall away, that faith speaks
most clearly.
This reflection was born in
one of those moments.
Watch the Midnight Thoughts Video
You can watch the full
Midnight Thoughts reflection here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm2Hrc7FEz3Ic0hpXm-O-Q
Remembering the Blessings
Sometimes, in the early hours
of the morning, I wake up to pray.
And in that quiet stillness, my mind drifts back through the years
to all the blessings I’ve been given.
I had more than I deserved.
A good job.
A beautiful home.
Family who stood by me.
Life was good—better than
good.
I was able to travel,
explore, and live in places I never dreamed I’d see.
Life truly was great.
The Year Everything Changed
Then came 2023.
The year everything changed.
That was the year I heard the
words no one ever wanted to hear:
You have ALS.
In an instant, the life I knew,
the life I loved, ended.
Within six months, I went
from diagnosis to being unable to move any part of my body.
It felt like everything I had built,
everything I had cherished,
slipped away.
I remember thinking:
What do I have left?
I’ve lost everything.
A Prayer in the Darkness
One night, as I lay awake in
the darkness, I prayed, truly prayed.
“Heavenly Father,” I
whispered,
I come to You broken.
I have nothing left.
This disease has taken everything from me.
All I have now are my thoughts.”
And then, in that deep
stillness,
a quiet assurance settled over my spirit.
A whisper so gentle, so
quiet—
yet powerful enough to silence every fear:
“You still have Me.”
What ALS Cannot Take
In that moment, something
shifted,
not in my body, but in my soul.
Because the truth is this:
ALS can take away strength,
movement, and independence,
but it cannot touch the presence of God.
It can change my life,
but it cannot change His love.
It can take away the things I
once held tightly,
but it cannot take away the One who holds me together.
A Promise That Carries Me
In the quiet, I remembered
His promise,
a promise that carried me through the darkest moments:
Isaiah
41:10
Fear not,
for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, I will help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
Living in a New Reality
So yes…
my life looks different now.
My body is weak.
My world is smaller.
My days are slower.
But my faith?
It’s stronger than ever.
What I’ve lost in strength
has been replaced with something deeper,
a trust that wasn’t there before,
a peace that doesn’t depend on circumstances,
and a closeness to God I never knew I needed.
The Assurance That Remains
That same still assurance,
the one that met me in the darkness,
reminds me every single day:
“You are
not alone.
You still have Me.”
Those words don’t remove the
struggle,
but they steady me in the middle of it.
They remind me that even when
my body fails,
my faith does not have to.
If This Is Your Midnight Moment
So if you’re reading this
right now,
and you feel like you’ve lost everything,
or the weight you’re carrying feels too heavy,
Hear this through my story:
Even when life breaks you
down,
even when you feel empty,
even when everything else falls away,
You still have Him.
And sometimes,
that is more than enough.
A Final Midnight Thought
Thank you for sitting with me in these Midnight Thoughts.
If you’re awake tonight
and your heart feels heavy,
remember this,
When everything else feels
stripped away,
when strength is gone and words run out,
God is still there.
And in the quiet,
He gently reminds us:
“You still have Me.”
If this reflection spoke to
your heart,
please consider sharing it with someone who may need it tonight.
And if you’d like to continue these Midnight Thoughts,
I invite you to subscribe and walk this journey with me,
one breath at a time.


No comments:
Post a Comment